HIGH BIDDER STOPPED PAYMENT ON CASHIERS CHECK!!!

Doc
Site Admin

HIGH BIDDER STOPPED PAYMENT ON CASHIERS CHECK!!!

Post by Doc » April 23rd, 2006, 7:10 am

The high bidder on my last auction (4618457460) sent me a cashiers check on March 13 and I allowed a shipper to pick up the car on the March 14. I had the high bidder to send me a faxed copy of the check which was from Washinton Mutual in California in exchange for me sending the car early. Washington Mutual does not allow 3rd parties to verify funds for cashiers checks. The check was supposed to be sent overnite but I did not get it until March 16. Guess what.....He stopped payment on the check on March 14 and did not even personally see the car until March 17. He will not answer phone or e-mail. The worm even tried to register the car in his name after doing stopping payment. He had enough nerve to tell the CA DMV that the purchase price of the car was a mere $100. I did inform them otherwise by faxing them proof of the actual "purchase" price. I am in Oklahoma and I had the CA DMV to place a hold on the registration of the car.
I know I made a mistake by letting the car go. The police tell me that there is nothing illegal about a person performing such an act as his.
Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jspa? ... 5790276688
DOC
Admin & Publisher

Former eBay Motors PowerSeller